Monday, August 14, 2006

Bannock Crit. Denver, CO

Pretty much promised myself I would not race this race because the night before is the Bank of America Crit in Charlotte, NC. Such a long travel day to get back to Denver and then turn around and race after a late night on the town...ouch.
So...I raced! Imagine that. Some guys were doing it...blah de blah...so I tagged along. I was feeling ratshit for most of the ride. I was feeling the effects of last nights efforts...both the race and the pub...
It was about 35degs out and I couldn't stomach any drink. I was pretty much miserable for 90% of the race. I remember the good ol days when I could rock up to any race and drill it after getting home at 5am. No such luck these days...Im geting old or soft...or both!

Anyways...to cut a long story short...I snivelled my way into a 4 man break and won the sprint to the line. I was nice to win after the disappointment of the night before. Had no expectations of winning but when I put myself in a winning situation my brain takes over and I try as hard as I can to win from it.

Im looking forward to a rest cos my next engagement is a sponsor treat!!! I get to do 6hrs of signing posters and taking photos....oh yeah....and then after that cool stuff I have to try and win a couple of bike races.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home