Reading:
Great wee circuit. 11k and we did 12laps? ish. Cant exactly remember how many we did. Legs felt great. I was a little concerned how they would feel because I travelled all day the day before. Pretty much sat at the back all day until 3 laps to go. At that point my team was chasing the break back for me so I moved up to the front. I stayed there until the final lap where it was a shit fight into the base of the final 2k climb. I was about 5th at the bottom. The attacks went immediately but I didnt follow and got dropped immediately. I cant follow surges on climbs so i just pinned it as hard as I could go for a 5min effort. I was sitting around 480Watts most of the way up. I slowly but surely picked up a number of riders and crested the climb, which was 3k from the finish, in about the same place I started it with one CSC guy. We chased the leading 4 riders and caught them at the 1k to go banner. From there a group from behind caught us too. I knew I had to be first into the last corner and that what i made sure i did. And then I was lucky enough to win the sprint comfortably. I was very happy to win here because it proved all my hard work hadnt gone to waste. I was also very grateful to have a team to put faith in me to win for them.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/jun06/commercebank06/?id=results/commercebank062
Next race....the big one...Philly.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home