Portland and Manhatten Beach.
Portland was a very tiring experience. It involves alot of sponsor stuff that i love so much. It was cool though to hang with the boys and flap the gums abit about nothing at all.
The race was very technical...7 corners in 700m.
The field was only about 80 deep and we had 5 riders there. From the blocks the gas was on and within 5 laps the field was reduced significantly.
Garrett and Kyle rode off the front early on and we never saw them again. Just after halfway I started attacking the field and finally Karl and I rode off the front for 3rd and 4th.
Early the next morning we were off to LA for a race on Sunday in Manhatten Beach.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/manhattan_beachgp06/JI6V4283
there is a photo of me getting pumped by JJ in the sprint. I won this race last year and was pretty keen to try and do it again. Unfortunately Toyota sent a full squad of 9 riders. There lead out was very strong and I had to burn too many matches just to get into position.
Coming out of the last corner JJ and I were neck and neck having a drag race to the line...but...he won...comfortably in the end.
Manhatten Beach does not suck though...we had a quick bite to eat before flying out that night...the atmosphere down there is something straight off the movies.
Next up is USPRO Crit champs in Chicago. I love this race...its long and can be very hard.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home